Step inside to an open plan living/kitchen area which is light and airy with full height glazed doors to the patio, take in the view of Ben Tianavaig to the north and the Isle of Raasay directly opposite with its now extinct flat topped volcano Dun Caan.
We hope you will enjoy cooking in our colourful German made kitchen with sleek new appliances and equipment. Dine in our retro eating area and admire the view while you feast.
Relax in the comfortable lounging area and take in the view. For those chillier winter evenings there is the Morso wood burning stove to keep you snug. (See below regarding stove and logs).
We have a modern shower room with a spacious shower, wall hung sink and toilet with heated towel rail.
The Blueberry Shed bedroom has a cool and calm gallery inspired feel, featuring artwork by the owner, the ideal place to rest after a busy day exploring.
A small welcome tray with local information pack, tea and biscuits will await you on arrival.
Kitchen / Lounge
The kitchen is very well appointed with Neff appliances. Induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, kettle, toaster, German cookware, plentiful pots and cutlery. With tea towels, a supply of eco friendly washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs and liquid hand soap. A few larder basics can be found in the kitchen cupboard (tea, sugar, seasonings, olive oil). You will also find a small selection of non perishable items to purchase from the “in-Shed” shop during your stay. The lounge has a flat screen HD TV and FM / DAB radio.
We also provide books, games and local visitor information.
The shower room is equipped with natural soap and eco friendly shower gel, hand towel, bath mat and eco loo rolls.
We provide each guest with a towel pack (1 bath towel, 2 small towels).
We provide a seasonally adjusted double duvet, bed linen, hollow fibre pillows & snuggly blanket if needed. (linen will be changed if you book for more than 1 week)
The property is set amongst an active crofting community so we are sorry but no pets are allowed, this also allows us to control a high level of cleanliness and comfort for all our guests.
We also require no smoking inside the property or in the garden area.
Heating and electricity
All electricity and hot water is included in the price.
Stove and logs
If you stay for 4 nights or more during the cooler months (Oct – Apr) your initial basket of logs, kindling and firelighters will be provided free. Extra logs can be purchased from us at £5 per bag.
The Blueberry Shed
Blueberry at Cloudberry
Isle of Skye
Terms and Conditions
Booking Periods and Arrival / Departure Times Bookings are weekly in high season and run from Saturday to Saturday. We kindly request that check-in is from 4pm on your day of arrival with check-out by 10am on your day of departure. Bookings during low and mid season are more flexible and can be for a minimum of 3 nights with negotiable arrival and departure days, please enquire.
No Pets The property is set amongst an active crofting community so we are sorry but no pets are allowed, this also allows us to control a high level of cleanliness and comfort for all our guests.
No Smoking No smoking is permitted inside the property or the garden area.
Fire Protection & Environmental Policies Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are present in the property together with a fire blanket and fire extinguisher however we do request a few simple rules to protect our property and our lovely guests of course: • Please, no deep fat frying • No candles, we have a wind up lantern and torch in the case of a power cut • No smoking inside or outside • Always use the wood burning stove with the door closed and read the lighting guide • If you need to empty the ashes please use the metal bin provided near the stove • Please do not bring your own household cleaning liquids, especially bleach. We have a septic tank and the only acceptable cleaning liquids which enter into the system are eco friendly products. We do our best to protect the environment and we recycle as much as we can, you will find recycling information for your plastics and tins in the visitor guide in the property.
Securing a booking Check availability and make a provisional booking via the booking page. The full name, home address, telephone number and email address of the guest paying the deposit must be included. If we accept your booking your provisional booking will be held for 1 day pending receipt of a 50% non-refundable deposit*. A further £50 security deposit for good housekeeping / lost keys cover in addition to the balance of payment, which is non-refundable* will be payable one calendar month prior to your arrival date. A booking made within one calendar month prior to your arrival date must be paid in full together with the deposit within 1 day of the booking being accepted. If the balance is not received by the due date and after we send out a reminder email, we will treat the booking as cancelled. Preferred payment method is by bank transfer, details to be provided with the booking acceptance. Alternatively, if requested, payment can be made online via credit or debit card. The security deposit will be returned to you following inspection of the property, within one week of departure, either by bank transfer or on to your card.
- *Where a guest cancels the booking and we are able to re-let the property, we will refund any payments made, although £30 will be deducted to cover admin costs.
- If the owners of Blueberry Shed have to cancel the booking for any reason, other than non payment, a full refund will be paid, and we will use our best endeavours to find suitable accommodation in the area. However no liability is accepted for other arrangements which the hirer has to make for travel or accommodation.
- We highly recommend that guests take out holiday insurance in the unfortunate event that they need to cancel the booking or due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. road closures).
- I confirm that I am over 18 years of age
- I understand the strict no smoking and no pets policy at the Blueberry Shed
- I have read and understood the fire prevention and environmental policies mentioned above.
- I undertake to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- I agree to the payment terms
- I will be responsible for all significant damage outside of fair wear and tear, however caused and agree to pay the full cost of repairing such damage.
- I understand that our party is required to leave the property by 10am on the day of departure and that I will be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delayed departure.
- The Blueberry Shed accepts no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any guest or their property however caused during the period of their stay.
- Guests are asked to leave the Blueberry Shed secure if left unoccupied during their period of stay. This is mainly in relation to the changeable weather conditions on Skye so we would ask you to close windows and doors when you go out.
- Guests are asked to inform us as soon as possible if there are any major breakages or malfunctioning pieces of equipment. Please bear in mind we live on an island and it can take a long time to order replacement items or have things repaired and this will impact on someone else's holiday which could be you at some point. We fully understand fair wear and tear, accidental breakages etc but for those rare incidents involving plumbing or heating etc we would need informing immediately.
- Guests shall not sub-let the property.
- Guests are asked not to cause disturbance to neighbouring residents.
- We reserve the right to demand immediate vacation of the property if we believe the guests are not complying with our booking conditions or are using the property in a detrimental way to its structure.
- By making a booking with a deposit, you are deemed to have agreed with these booking conditions and comply with our terms.
Low Season£90 per night
- November - February (excluding Christmas & New Year)
- Minimum of 4 nights stay
Mid Season£95 per night
- March - May, October
- 4 night minimum stay during March
- Saturday to Saturday bookings April - May & October
- Please contact for short stay late availability (minimum 4 nights).
- June - September
- Saturday to Saturday bookings
- Please contact for short stay late availability (minimum 4 nights).